Monday, September 13, 2010

A&B

There are several different things in Allyn and Bacon that I enjoyed learning about.  The ideas that are placed inside the book are very helpful to me.  The most interesting concept that I found was about the reader.  The guide talked a lot about thinking about the reader and writing for them.  I found this information very helpful for my future writings.  I have realized to a fuller extent just how important the reader is and that they mean everything to a paper.  I also enjoyed reading about how to further my reading and to think more critically.  The concept of reading with the grain and against the grain seems very helpful.  What that will do for me is allow me to see things in different ways.  I will not just hold one view point while reading, instead I will open myself and think about the different ways that I can read.  By becoming a better reader I allow myself to further my writing also, which is very important.  My ideas about writing did not exactly change, but they grew stronger.  What I have read in the Allyn and Bacon Guide to Writing so far has allowed me to grow as a writer.  I believe the concepts to be very important and I plan on continuing my efforts at grasping all of them so that I can become the best possible writer that I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment